Sunday, March 6, 2011

Guest Blogger - The Little Apple Seed - Anthro Bow Bag Pattern



Hi, I'm Leslie from The Little Apple Seed and I'm so happy to be over here guest posting today!! Thank you Michelle for having me :) I love to craft, create and come up with new ideas. I also like to find items from the stores we all love and try to recreate it in my own way and in the meantime save a ton of money!!



Some of my favorite projects are a baby blanket I made for my daughter that has a little pouch inside that keeps her dolls from slipping out.





I recently painted my kitchen cabinets. I love the way they turned out and I did it without spending much at all!




I also updated a lamp that reminded me of something that pottery barn has. It went from a ugly 80's green to a modern black pottery barn lamp wanna be.






Today I am going to share with you a tutorial for an Anthropologie knock-off bag. I fell in love with it when I first saw it, then my eyes popped out when I saw the price tag! $498.00 for a purse, it is darling but certainly not worth that much! I knew I could make my own adorable version and spend way, way less!





I created a pattern for the main shape of the bag which I have for you to download and print at the bottom of this post. This is a really easy pattern without too many steps.

I have never done piping before, so I created a sort of faux piping for this bag. It's just a small strip of fabric sewed in the seam.



Here is a cut list for all the pieces you are going to need.





Once everything is cut out, pin the top band to the top of the bag piece. Since the bag is wider than the band this is where you create the pleats. I pinned them so they looked even.




Now that you have it pinned where you want, stitch across the top of the bag.




For the "piping" take the strip of fabric and fold it in half and press.



With the right sides together, pin the piping around the bag. Make sure the "piping" is pinned toward the inside of the bag.





Stitch all around the side seams and around the bottom of the bag.




For the handles press the fabric in on both sides and then fold in half and press. Stitch up both sides. (If you would like a firmer strap you could add interfacing to them.)










On outside of bag, pin handles and stitch.



For the lining...


Sew the lining band to the lower bag lining.







**Now is the time to add a pocket, if you like. You can customize it to any size you like**


With right sides together, stitch around the lining sides and bottom leaving an opening for turning out.



Pin lining to bag with right sides together, stitch across the top.







Flip and sew lining closed.


For the bow, sew around with right sides together leaving a opening for turning out. Turn out and stitch opening closed.


Do the same for the bow's "knot".




Secure bow to bag by hand stitching it in place.

That's it!







I also made one in a red fabric with a mini one for my daughter :)







I hope you like it! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!



Come on over and visit me at The Little Apple Seed for more ideas and crafts!!


Thank you again Michelle for having me here! This has been a lot of fun!

anthropattern


























Wow! Thanks,Leslie! That is a great way to save $475!!!! Love the bag, but who would pay that much money for it?!?!? Thanks The Little Apple Seed for a great tutorial, pattern and instructions! I will be back to visit your awesome blog! I hope all you other viewers will visit The Little Apple Seed also.





Linking to BNOTPMet Monday, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday ,

Sumo'sMarket Yourself Monday,

Creative Itch - Sew Cute Tuesday. Tip Junkie - Tip Me Tuesday, Hope Studios - Tutorial Tuesday. All Thingz Related - Anything Related Tuesday ,

WATF - Works for Me Wednesday, Blue Cricket - Show and Tell, Creations by Kara - Look What I Made , 733-A Creative Blog - Sugar and Spice Somewhat Simple-Strut Your Stuff, Shabby Chic Cottage - Transformation Thursday, Fireflies & Jellybeans - Show Off Your Stuff, Beyond The Picket Fences - 100 ideas under $100 dollars, , Finding Fabulous, Romantic Home -Show and Tell Friday, Remodelaholics Anonymous, , Just A Girl , Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest



.
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment