Hi y'all! I am so excited to be guest blogging here at Someday Crafts today!
I'm Coley and my home on the web is called
A few of my most popular/favorite posts are:
Simple but Cute Teacher's Gift Idea (with free printable)
Today I'm going to teach you how to make these fun, easy, and inexpensive wine glass candle lamps for Halloween.
To make this project you are going to need:
2 wine glasses (Check thrift stores and The Dollar Stores to get them cheap.)
2 battery operated candles (I found these at The Dollar Store as well.)
Scrapbook Paper (If you are using 12 x 12 you can get 2 shades out of 1 sheet.)
Sticky Strip or Terrifically Tacky Tape
Dimensionals or Pop Dots
What You'll Do:
1. Print out your template and cut it out. Trace it on to the back of your scrapbook paper and cut it out. (You may want to practice on a piece of scrap paper first just to make sure you don't need to adjust the template any to better fit the size of your particular wine glass.)
2. Cut a piece of sticky strip to fit the shade and place it on the back of the scrapbook paper which will be the inside of the shade.
3. Adhere the shade together using the sticky strip.
4. Now comes the fun part - decorate! Cut out a few little spiders out of cardstock. I used my Silhouette to do this but you could free hand them, find one online, or use a sticker. Paint the legs of your spiders with glitter paint just to give them a little shine.
5. Adhere your spiders to your shades using pop dots.
6. Add your candles to the wine glasses and pop on the shades!
The great thing is you can easily make more shades to switch them up for different holidays......
Like Thanksgiving or Fall
Or for Christmas!
And don't forget every day!
Thanks Michelle for the opportunity to guest blog and I hope each of you will stop by my blog, Coley's Corner!
I love Coley's Corner. She touches my heart as I read about her son! Coley is an amazing person. I love her crafts and ideas too! You have to go read about her cute son! Check out Coley's Corner!