Saturday, September 3, 2011

Guest Blogger - Let's Make This Pretty - Summer Cottage Tape Measurer







Helloooo! I'm Georgina from over at






I started my blog about a month ago... so far so good! Make sure you check it out!



















These are just a few of my projects! So... I am Georgina, I am English, I am about to celebrate my first year of marriage on the 4th September and I am absolutely craft mad!




I absolutely love Someday Crafts... I read it every day almost as religously as I watch my British soaps ;).








So today we are making... A SUMMER COTTAGE TAPE MEASURER









You will need:


A tape measurer

Fabric

Bits to decorate it with like buttons pearls gems...

Glue gun!










1. Dust off your old boring tape measurer!













2. Cut a piece of fabric that can double over and cover your tape. Give a few cm each side as well.













3. If yours has a holder strap run it up along the side so that it is upwards of the slidy tape bit. Make a hole and poke it through. This will be part of the chimney!













4. Start sewing!! I recommend doing it without a sewing machine... you need the same kind of stitches i did because at the end you need to poke the measurer through one of the gaps. Make sure you leave the remaining side open. Don't cast off because you'll need to sew it back after. :P Turn it inside out, put the measurer in and then sew up the open side (nice and neatly this time ;) )











5. Now you need to cut out a door! I chose denim from a pair of old jeans. Glue it on with your glue gun! Put a door nob on by sticking on a button. I also did a wee little window. For the roof you need quite a thick material... yet again I cut up a pair of old jeans that were beige. I did a load of messy stitches to make a tiling effect. Trust me... country cottages in England have VERY scruffy tiling! Then i made a chimney to go up the holder. All you need to do now is to squeeze the tape bit through a gap in your stitching. If you want to like me... glue some pearls or flower shaped gems on to make it look like a flower garden. I also glued a button to the metal bit at the end of the tape for extra pretty - ness!!















I'nt that pretty?! Thanks so much for reading my tutorial! I hope you enjoyed it!! Don't forget to hop on over and check out more of my craftiness at








Thanks, Georgina! It's good to have friends in England! And welcome to blogland! The projects you have made so far have been very impressive and cute. I'm sure the rest of the projects you come up with will be just as amazing. Head over to Let's Make This Pretty to welcome Georgina to blogland!








No comments:

Post a Comment