Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Little Heart-To-Heart About Blogging





I want to thank everyone who guest blogged for me while I was away on maternity leave. The tutorials were awesome and it was nice to have a break! Hopefully, all of you enjoyed the guest bloggers and found some new blogs to read! To look back over the tutorials, click on the "Guest Blogger" link under Labels or HERE.





I can't believe that Remington is already 6 weeks old!





Time passes so quickly when you have 3 kids! Because I am so busy, the days and nights fly by.




Remington is such a good baby! He rarely is fussy and sleeps well at night. My other two kids have adapted well to this big change in their life. They love their brother!







I love my little guy! There is something so sweet and special about the bond between a baby and its mommy. He knows me, loves me, wants me and brings me such joy!





Our life, as a family of 5, is truly a party. I'm loving the new addition and all the fun moments it has brought. We are just so blessed to have happy and healthy kids! I look forward to all the coming moments that I get to share with these incredible people. Family rocks!



Thanks for all the kind messages and little notes about my family and me. It means so much to me that you care about my life outside of blogging. A few of you have asked how I have been handling everything ,and for the most part, it hasn't been too bad. Unfortunately, I think life is going to change in a few weeks when school starts and we have to be out of the house before 10am!!! I have been doing A LOT of thinking about how I am going to handle everything - especially this blog.




There are days when I love blogging and there are days when I don't want to turn the computer on, but I do because I feel obligated. There are moments when I just want to quit for so many reasons. I compare. I get discouraged. I wonder why isn't my blog bigger, better and more popular. Some days, I spend way too much on the computer and not enough time giving my kids the full attention they need. Some times I wonder if my blog makes any positive difference at all. Does my blog matter? Any of you feel this similar way?




I didn't start this blog to make money. I started this blog to save projects of things I wanted to learn how to make because I am not a very crafty person. When I started getting some followers, I had this crazy thought that "maybe I can make some money off this blog." And so, I went for it. I spent more and more time highlighting cool projects and trying to build a blog. It became one of my jobs. I had no idea what I was doing.




And now, three years later, I still don't know what I am doing. I do make some money, but not enough to justify the time I spend blogging. The original intent of my blog has definitely changed because I don't have much time to make the projects I am highlighting. I ask myself often "Why?" Why am I doing this? For those of you wondering, I earn about $140-$180 a month from this blog and I spend probably 80-90 hours a month on this blog. That's not a great income!




I've been doing a lot of thinking and some things will be changing on this blog. I will be accepting more guest bloggers. If you want to guest blog, shoot me an email. I'd love to have you. I plan to have two posts a day like I had the past month. I still plan to host the Wednesday party and Giveaway Directory on Thursday. I will highlight a charity once a month. I've got to cut down on the amount of time I spend on the computer and this blog. It just isn't worth it to me. However, I hope you will continue to come to this blog for inspiration because I still plan to highlight amazing ideas found throughout blogland.




Please make submissions of your best projects. Please volunteer to guest post! Please keep creating projects that inspire me and others!!! Just don't expect me to reply to every email I receive and every comment that is made. I just can't do it! The world is in need of creativity and joy!




Come back and read the next post to see one of the major reasons I need to spend less time on this blog!!! A great opportunity has come my way!




No comments:

Post a Comment