Hey! This is Angela from
and I am so excited to be guest posting here on Someday Crafts!
As my blog name states, I am a binge crafter- I do a little bit of everything and generally in one big binge crafting session. I love paper and fabric crafting especially.
I absolutely love making cute tee shirts for my daughter- tie dye, fabric paint, appliqué, you name it!
For this project you’ll need:
-An iron and ironing board
-Brown and green fabric, prewashed and ironed
-Apple tree template (download here)
-Embroidery thread and needle
1. Print the template and cut out the shapes. Cut two pieces of HeatnBond approximately the size of the templates.
2. Iron the pieces of HeatnBond onto the fabric using the silk setting for just a few seconds.
3. Cut out the pieces of fabric and trace the templates onto the HeatnBond. Then cut out the pieces of fabric.
4. At this point, I like to lay things out on the shirt just to see how cute it’s going to look!
5. Peel the paper off the back of the pieces of fabric. Lay them on to the t-shirt.
6. Iron the fabric onto the t-shirt.
7. Using your embroidery thread, sew a running stitch around the edges of the appliqué and sew on the buttons.
Ta-da! You’ve got a cute apple tree appliqué shirt just perfect for fall and apple picking! I hope you enjoy this tutorial and template and stop by Binge Crafter to see more of my ideas! Happy Crafting!
THANKS, Angela! Apple tree applique would be perfect for back-to-school too! I love the addition of the buttons and embroidery thread! So adorable!
Visit Binge Crafter today and see what ideas you can binge on with her!